Wednesday 15 April 2015

Homemade bait

Over the coming weeks I will be targeting the tench on one of my club waters. The water isn't easy to get results from but is a nice place to spend a few hours with a slight chance of increasing my p.b. As of next month I should be working away, luckily there is a water within 10 minutes of my digs that holds tench to over 7lb and bream into double figures. Again this water isn't easy but hopefully with a bit of time and effort I can get some decent results from it.

Over the last couple of weeks I've been thinking about baits and methods, I've narrowed down a few methods to try but I was struggling to find some small(ish) boilies locally. Anyway I've had a go at making my own 12mm hemp and sweetcorn boilies.

First attempt at bait making, if they work I'll post the recipe 
After searching the Asian/health shops for a few ingredients, purchasing a small bait roller, messing up the kitchen I'm pretty pleased with the bait. I'll be out giving the boilies their first outing tomorrow, I'm half expecting to blank, but you never know...

No comments:

Post a Comment