Wednesday 24 January 2018

Another catch up....

Well another extended period without adding to the blog, lots of reason why, but mainly the usual family and work commitments leaving little time to fish let alone write something on here. Being held to ransom by photobucket also hasn’t helped.

Since my last update I have fished fairly regularly except from the close season when I only had one session. Losing access to a water I had been planning on spending the warmer months eel fishing was  a bit of a blow and I lost enthusiasm for a couple of months. My only session during this time was an eel blank.....

As the river season approached my enthusiasm returned and I was out on the banks as much as time would allow. I spent the summer and early autumn targetting barbel mainly on a local river but with a couple of trips to the Trent and a visit to the Warwickshire Avon and the Wye.

One of my targets for the season was to catch a double figure barbel from a new river, ideally a local river. I caught a decent number of fish locally increasing my river p.b to 9lb, however heading south provided better results. Plenty of fish from the Trent with 17 fish to 11.01lb landed in two trips. A barbel blank on the Warwickshire Avon but a nice session the following day on the Wye made up for that, 8 barbel to 9.01lb and 4 nice chub to around 4lb.

11.01lb tidal Trent 
My largest Wye fish of the trip 9.01lb
A midsummer fish of 9lb from a local river
Pleasingly I managed 4 doubles from my visits to the Trent so one of my targets for the season has been ticked off. My chub and pike targets are still very much a work in progress....

A nice low double from my one of my local rivers
Not a lot to report on either species really, chub to just over 4lb and pike to 12.08lb. Working long hours in the lead upto Christmas, then catching the Aussie flu meant that I didnt wet a line for almost a month. Hopefully things will pick up for the rest of the season....

No comments:

Post a Comment