Tuesday 13 March 2018

Change of plans

Having worked it so my days off tied in with the last two days of the season, I was aiming to spend the time on the bank roving for pike during the day and switching to chub when it got dark.

Those plans were thrown out of the window with the last of the snow melt working its way down and a day of heavy rain.

Instead I’m currently sitting it out for an unlikely end of season barbel. Plenty of extra water, 10ft up on normal levels, but with water temps of just over 4°C it’s going to be hard going.




3 comments:

  1. Good luck Darren. River conditions and a chest cough meant I ended my season early and did not get on the bank last weekend. Roll on June!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unlucky Adam, never ideal when your season is cut short. Yesterday was a blank, out again today, similar conditions so I’m not very hopeful.

    ReplyDelete