Wednesday 29 January 2014

Pike Anglers Club Event 26/01/2014

On Sunday I attended my first Pike Anglers Club 'fish in' event at Motorway Pond which is controlled by Hull and District Anglers Association . The 'pond' is an 18 acre pit with many features and is completely different to anything I have fished before. I was allocated a decent peg and decided on a 3 rod dead bait approach. One rod in each of the left and right margins with various baits a nd the middle bait was positioned with a bait boat using the sounder to identify various features. It was a quiet day all round with only 2 fish coming out to the 15 or so anglers on the pit, a jack and a low double. Although I didn't catch it was still an enjoyable day (apart from the torrential rain) I managed to put faces to names after meeting a few other members of the PAC.

Motorway Pond - An interesting place well worth a second visit.
New rod

After the disappointment of not getting any Chew Valley tickets(again), I decided to treat myself to a new rod, a DLST P2, which I am going to be using on the rivers (when the weather behaves) in a more mobile approach. This rod seems ideal for what I need, hopefully it will be getting a thorough testing soon, I will also be using it as a third rod in the summer when targeting eels.

No comments:

Post a Comment