Wednesday 22 December 2021

Covid catch-up part 1

Approaching 2 years since the last update to the blog, plenty of reasons why I haven't posted anything, the main one being that I couldn't be arsed! 

I have half an hour spare so thought I'd try and bring the blog up to date, maybe get back on track with some regular posts.

End of the 19/20 season

Like most my season was cut short by the pandemic, but a few local pike were had before any lockdowns etc….

19lb 9oz my best from this river



19/20 highlights - 

Barbel - 11.07lb
Chub - 5.08lb
Pike - 19.09lb
Perch - 3.06lb


20/21 season

During the start of the 20/21 season, time on the bank was limited, travel restrictions, home schooling, blah blah.....

Some local sessions produced river best barbel and chub, nothing huge, but decent fish for these venues.



As autumn arrived the focus changed to pike and perch, again a number of river best were beaten.




hgh

My nephews first pike, live bait in the margin, last cast of the day.

A few stocky pike were landed during a difficult November barbel trip to the Trent. The best of the bunch being these 18 and 19 pounders.






With a number of more modest pike from rivers closer to home.

After the turn of the year, I focused on catching a 6lb chub from one of my favourite local rivers. A number of nice 5lb plus fish were eventually followed by a new p.b of 6lb 7oz.











20/21 season highlights -

Barbel - 8.03lb

Chub - 6.07lb

Perch - 2.09lb

Pike - 19.03lb




No comments:

Post a Comment