Monday 27 December 2021

Local barbel (catch-up part 4)

I have been aiming to catch my first double figure barbel from a specific local river without much success. I've caught them in the past, only a few fish to about 8 and half pounds or so, but this summer I had half a dozen sessions without a barbel take, if I'm honest I didn't even feel close to catching one. 

During these sessions it was either big chub or blank. 





I think I'm a few years late for the barbel on this river, as predation is the heaviest I have ever seen on a river and the numbers of barbel have been decimated.   

I had a couple of visits to another water from where I have had barbel from in the past, again I've had fish up to about 8lb and I'll be looking to get a double from here in the future. 


8.06lb - a few oz added to this river best

I enjoy spending time on this river as the areas I've fished have been productive. Long term I'll also be aiming for a double from this river but I'll be aiming to cross the lower stock rivers off my list first as I fear in a few years time there wont be any point in barbel fishing them. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment